The best way to fully experience winter is by getting out in the cold, and there is no better place to do that than at winter festivals! Head out of the city to enjoy winter at one of the following festivals! The list includes Boseong Tea Plantation Light Festival, Pyeongchang Trout Festival, Anseong Icefish Festival, Chilgapsan Ice Fountain Festival, and Taebaeksan Mountain Snow Festival.
▲ The entire expanse of Boseong Tean Plantation will be beautifully lit in a variety of colors at Boseong Tea Plantation Light Festival, creating the perfect setting for a romantic winter evening.
▲ Ice fishing and barehanded fishing are waiting for you at Pyeongchang Trout Festival, taking place in the pure environment of Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do.
▲ Anseong Icefish Festival is dedicated to icefish, the main freshwater fish of winter. Visitors can also enjoy dynamic winter sports and activities.
▲ Chilgapsan Ice Fountain Festival is sure to delight the senses, with a multitude of ice sculptures and illuminations decorating the festival grounds. Visitors can enjoy bobsleigh, sledding, and even horseback riding.
▲ With the theme of “Snow, Love, and Peace,” Taebaeksan Mountain Snow Festival is perfect for snow-lovers. Snow sculptures, an igloo café, starlight festival and more are planned.
Bundle up and step outside the comfort of indoor heating to visit one of these wonderful winter festivals.
Major Winter Festivals in December!
☞ Boseong Tea Plantation Light Festival
– Period: December 15, 2017 – January 14, 2018
– Venue: Korean Tea Culture Park, 775, Nokcha-ro, Boseong-eup, Boseong-gun, Jeollanam-do
– Website: festival.boseong.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
☞ Pyeongchang Trout Festival
– Period: December 22, 2017 – February 25, 2018
– Venue: 3562, Gyeonggang-ro, Jinbu-myeon, Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do
– Website: www.festival700.or.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
☞ Anseong Icefish Festival
– Period: December 23, 2017 – February 25, 2018
– Venue: Dume Fishing Site, 90, Dumehosu-ro, Juksan-myeon, Anseong-si, Gyeonggi-do
– Website: dmfestival.co.kr (Korean only)
☞ Chilgapsan Ice Fountain Festival
– Period: December 23, 2017 – February 18, 2018
– Venue: Cheongyang Alps Village, 223-35, Cheonjangho-gil, Jeongsan-myeon, Cheongyang-gun, Chungcheongnam-do
– Website: www.alpsvill.com (Korean only)
☞ Taebaeksan Mountain Snow Festival
– Period: January 19 – February 11, 2018
– Venue: 162, Cheonjedan-gil, Taebaek-si, Gangwon-do
– Website: festival.taebaek.go.kr (Korean only)